- And you’ll work with teams inside and outside Barclays to develop marketing activities
- You’ll focus on a wide range of audiences, from global corporate banking to UK retail banking
- The graduate programme in Marketing covers four six-month roles across the bank
In Marketing, you’ll help attract and retain customers and clients, communicating the benefits of banking with Barclays. Driven by commercial objectives, the team develops plans to promote our services and win business. Roles include everything from branding to advertising, social media to digital marketing, plus events, sponsorships and sales collateral.
What to expect
Whether you work in Corporate or Retail Banking Marketing, every day is different. This fast-moving area will see you take on varied and creative tasks, but you need to be organised and on top of new developments, whether that’s in your industry or in current affairs.
A ‘normal’ day could start with a breakfast seminar for clients in central London, before a meeting with corporate bankers to plan an event focused on technology and global business, then spending the remainder of the afternoon working on a number of other smaller projects. This could include:
- Working together with Barclays’ external
- Honing your skills as you help us market through
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to understand commercial objectives
How you'll develop
with senior teams across the business, this role will help you gain a keen
financial understanding, as well as vital marketing skills. Building impressive
experience in planning, budgeting and relationship building, you’ll also have
the chance to complete the CIM marketing qualification.
Who thrives here
If you’re organised, creative, and a good communicator, you could be well suited to a career in Marketing at Barclays. Our graduates also have a strong business mind-set and the ability to juggle multiple projects - including dealing with the unexpected.